The Ministry of Finance has prepared a bill with amendments to Federal Law 171-FZ (on state regulation of production and circulation of alcoholic beverages) to establish new requirements for producers of beer, beer drinks, cider, Poiret and mead.
Center for advanced technologies development, the Association of Beer and Non-Alcoholic Market Participants and the National Union of Beer and Beverage Producers have agreed to launch a series of beer labeling experiments.
We have developed several solutions especially for manufacturers of brewing products in collaboration with industrial printers and machine vision systems manufacturers.
Solutions fall into two categories – automatic and manual systems.
Automatic systems enable full automatisation of marking, reading codes, control, etc. Designed for high-performance lines.
Manual systems are the lightest solutions that allow, using a computer, handheld barcode scanner or hand-fed autoscanner and software, to label, control, and then enter the information into a database.
Beer production technological process
- Brand applicator
- Bottle rejector
- Signal light
- Lightning equipment
- Box Recipient
- Marking printer
- PC accounting system, camera control and data
- Network switch
- Factory server receiving data from the accounting system
List of control objects
The product accounting system is designed for piece-by-piece quantitative accounting of manufactured products, accounting for products as part of boxes and pallets. The following objects and procedures are subject to registration:
- single bottles (cans) of products;
- packaging in boxes (boxes);
- boxes in the composition of pallets.
Accounting automation object
The object – an automatic system of piece accounting (ACS PC) has three control points for finished products: a single product zone, a box formation zone and a pallet formation zone. The product passes each of the areas, the finished product is automatically recorded.
Single product area
When the product passes the unit product zone, the following technological operations are carried out:
- applying a code on the bottle by a DataMatrix laser printer;
- controlling the application of the DataMatrix code using a verification scanner;
- emergency line stop in case of multiple error of DataMatrix code verification;
Box forming area
The following technological operations take place in the box formation area:
- placing several bottles in one box;
- reading DataMatrix codes of all bottles in one box;
- controlling the codes of all bottles of the box read by DataMatrix;
- Generating a label in the software with the DataMatrix code for the box;
- sending a task to print a label to a thermal transfer printer;
- aggregating printed DataMatrix box code with DataMatrix bottle codes;
- rejecting boxes with errors in reading or checking the DataMatrix bottle codes.
Pallet forming area
The following technological operations take place in the pallet formation area:
- adding DataMatrix box codes to the list of formed pallets;
- stacking boxes on a pallet;
- generating a label for a pallet in software;
- sending a task to print a label with a pallet code to a thermal transfer printer;
- DataMatrix aggregation of box codes and printed pallet code.
System’s main functions
- Obtaining codes;
- Transferring DataMatrix bottle codes to the printer;
- Applying DataMatrix code to the bottle;
- Controlling the application of the DataMatrix code to the bottle;
- Emergency line stop upon detection of bottles with unreadable codes;
- Reading DataMatrix codes of bottles from the box;
- Generating DataMatrix code and accompanying human-readable information on the box label;
- Reading the box code printed on the DataMatrix label;
- Associating the DataMatrix code of the box with the DataMatrix codes of the bottles inside;
- Rejecting boxes with unreadable DataMatrix bottle codes;
- Rejecting boxes in case of inconsistency of the DataMatrix codes of the bottles with the codes obtained;
- Controlling the correspondence of the number of boxes in the pallet to the specified value;
- Generating a barcode and related human-readable information on the pallet label;
- Reading the pallet barcode printed on the label;
- Associating the pallet barcode with the DataMatrix codes of the boxes inside
- Determining the rejection reason, informing the line operator of necessity to perform regulated actions;
- Maintaining a database and receiving statistical reports (all actions and events);
- Forming and storing archive recipes for a technological line and selecting the current one;
- Generating report files with any given structure and transferring over the network;
- Ability to import/export data with company’s data systems according to a separately agreed-to algorithm;
- User-friendly human-machine interface with different access levels.
We provide service support for our solutions.